Website usage terms and conditions
Welcome to the Maze Living website. If you continue to browse and use this website, you are agreeing to comply with and be bound by the following terms and conditions of use:
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that any product information or delivery service meets your specific requirements.
- You acknowledge our copyright over the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics and written content.
- You acknowledge that unauthorised use or infringement of that copyright may give rise for us to a claim for damages against you.
- For your convenience, this website may also include links to other websites. This does not signify that we endorse that website.
- For your information, all trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of Maze Rattan Limited are duly acknowledged.
- Use of this website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
Information about maze living
This website is operated by Maze Rattan Limited (Trading as Maze Living) Maze Rattan Limited is registered in England and Wales (company registration number 6830840). Maze Rattan Limited makes every effort to adhere to the Consumer Rights Act 2015 (DSRs) the Electronic Commerce Regulations (ECRs) and the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (PECRs). If you have any questions or would like to know more about how we meet these regulations, please contact us by email or call us on: 01440 710673 (normal landline rates apply).
Terms and conditions of sale
These terms and conditions act both to protect your consumer rights and those of Maze Rattan Limited as a company. Please read these Terms and Conditions of Sale carefully. By placing an order through the website, you confirm that you have read, understood and agree to these Terms and Conditions of Sale in their entirety.
If you do not agree to these Terms and Conditions of Sale in their entirety, you must not order any product through the website.
Product and service descriptions
We have taken reasonable steps to ensure that all products have been fairly described and offered to you at a fair price inclusive of VAT. However, when ordering products through the website, please note that:
- Orders will be accepted if there are no material errors in the description of the goods or their prices as advertised on this website.
- All prices are displayed in pounds Sterling inclusive of UK VAT.
- Time-sensitive offers are valid once payment is confirmed.
- FREE delivery is conditional on UK mainland accessibility. Delivery costs should be confirmed by contacting us directly.
- Delivery can be expected within 7 - 10 working days (in most cases). If a delivery cannot be completed after the customer has confirmed their availability to the couriers then the order will be returned to our warehouse and rebooked for delivery with the customer on our next available dates. We please ask that once your delivery is booked that someone is present at your home.
- The dimensions of our furniture descriptions are an approximation only.
- We cannot guarantee that your monitor's display will accurately reflect the colour of the product on delivery.
- All items are subject to availability. We will inform you as soon as possible if the product(s) you have ordered are not available and offer a refund or an offer on an alternative product at the same cost to us. The alternative product must be the same price as the cancelled goods.
How to order
Please add any goods you wish to order to your online basket by clicking "Add to Basket". Please note product accessories are available at an additional cost and do not come with the product unless otherwise specified. Take care when placing your order and ensure that you have the accessories that you require. You are not committed to any purchase until you have confirmed your order and made payment in full, and even then, you have a right to cancel. Once you have placed your order by going to the "Checkout", we will acknowledge your order and allow you the opportunity to alter any details. Once you have checked and confirmed that the details of your order are correct, you must provide your customer details and authorise us to conduct the payment transaction from your credit or debit card. You may only authorise payment from a card in your name.
If the goods you order are not available for any reason, we will inform you of the position by e-mail (at the email address provided with your order details). If the goods are temporarily out of stock, we will ask if you wish to wait for the goods to become available. If you do not, we will refund any money debited/charged to your credit or debit card in respect of the unavailable goods.
Payment is processed when you place your order inclusive of VAT which is added to any furniture for delivery within the EU. During the secure checkout process, you will be asked to complete your payment details. All fields indicated as compulsory (*) must be completed. All card payments are subject to authorisation by your card issuer and we take payment when we accept your order shortly before dispatch. For your peace of mind, the site uses a secure hosting service that implements secure sockets layer technology to protect your credit card information.
Acceptance of your order
Soon after you complete the online checkout process, we will send you a confirmation email detailing you order, guarantee and your right to cancel. Our acceptance of your order will take place at the time we have charged/debited your card and dispatched the order to you.
Please note that once your order has been confirmed, we are unable to change your billing or delivery address (due to payment procedures). If you do require us to make any changes to either of these addresses, please call us on 01440 710673 and we will talk through the options available to help resolve the issue.
Goods you have ordered will be delivered direct to the billing address, usually within 7 - 10 working days. Some items are available for PRE ORDER, all estimated delivery dates for PRE ORDER items will be stated on the product page. Please note the dates quoted is stock arriving into our warehouse and not to your home address.
Free UK (mainland) 2 Man Delivery
We offer FREE 2 Man Delivery to most locations across the UK mainland excluding certain parts of Scotland. For further advice, questions or information please contact us before you place an order.
Our FREE option includes delivery directly to your garden. You’ll also receive a call from your delivery driver 30 minutes before they are due to arrive, so you’ll know when to expect them. If you live in a remote location, it is your responsibility to contact Maze Living and ensure that we can deliver to your specified address before you place an order.
Please note packaging removal is NOT included within this service.
2 Man Delivery Service / Packaging Removal Service
Our 2 Man Team can deliver directly to your garden and even take away your packing, save yourself a trip to the tip and let us do the hard work! You will also receive a call from your delivery driver 30 minutes before they are due to arrive, so you will know when to expect them.
2 Man Platinum Delivery Service / Assembly and Packaging Removal Service
Our 2 Man Team Platinum service can deliver directly to your garden, assembling your new garden furniture sets and even take away your packing, save yourself a trip to the tip and let us do the hard work! You will also receive a call from your delivery driver 30 minutes before they are due to arrive, so you will know when to expect them.
Delivery for Kitchens and Pizza Ovens
Please note that our 2 Man Delivery Service and Platinum Delivery Service is NOT currently available on all our kitchens and pizza ovens.
Access to your property/home
If you require our 2 Man team to go through your property to access your garden, please contact our customer service team to make them aware of these arrangements, our delivery drivers will unfortunately not enter your property without our consent. If you live in a flat or apartment, you will also need to let us know about the access restrictions for our team to prepare for your delivery. (Please note: Maze Living are not liable for any damages if the drivers are requested to enter the property, we may also refuse allowing the drivers to enter your property during different times in the season due to work policies we have in place).
5 & 7 Year Guarantees
Please note that our 5 and 7 year guarantees only covers furniture for structural damage (framework), rust, and fade in the UK. Please note our fire pits systems and accessories only suffice a 1 year guarantee. The guarantee applies to all furniture sold by mazeliving.co.uk only, however it does not include the glass, cushion fabric & filling, or stitching supplied with sets.
The specification of furniture is made to withstand the weather conditions in the UK, therefore may not be suitable for foreign climates. Extreme temperatures may cause the rattan to contract and expand, consequently leading to damage or cracking. Should the consumer wish to move furniture outside of the UK, Maze Living is not liable for any consequent damage, because of foreign weather conditions.
Maze Living reserves the right to not apply the 5 / 7 Year Guarantee in cases where Maze Living deems inappropriate misuse or in instances where the product/s has been tampered with by a third party. The guarantee will also not apply in instances deemed to be fair wear and tear. The 5 / 7 year guarantee is the maximum period covered and any replacement orders provided do not re-start the guarantee period. The guarantee begins from the date of dispatch.
Rattan Colour & Pattern Variation
Please note many of our rattan weave ranges are made up of varying colour strands. These variations can look slightly different once in your garden dependent on the level of sunlight. In the morning some ranges may look a little more grey and in the afternoon may pick out more beige tones. All of our photos have been taken in different settings and lighting. Due to the furniture being handwoven, no two items will be identical.
How to claim the price match promise
Please contact our Customer Service Team with evidence of the lower price. This can be, for example, a screengrab or a reference to a web page that the team can use to verify the price based on the Terms & Conditions below. The more information you can provide the quicker and easier it will be for us to verify your price challenge to give you the best price possible. A price match must be notified within 48 hours to our Customer Services team, or this will expire. Therefore, a new price match request will need to be generated.
The item must be in stock and available to purchase immediately.
Price Match Promise Terms and conditions:
- To benefit from Price Match Promise you must:
- The order must not have been dispatched from our distribution site
- The evidence of the cheaper price must include a date and time stamp for verification
- Price Match Promise can only be claimed against a UK VAT-registered retailer that has the product in stock and available for immediate purchase or delivery online.
- The following are excluded:
- Auction Sites
- Market Places
- Sole Traders
- Where a comparison is being made with an online retailer delivery charges will be considered as part of the total price.
- The product in question must be identical in:
- Price Match Promise excludes:
- Gift Vouchers
- Finance schemes - 0% interest excluded, other options are still available. We are unable to accept price match requests with orders placed using V12 finance or PayPal finance.
- Purchases made using discount codes, partner and affiliate codes, and other offers/promotions
- Price Match Promise is only applicable:
- Against the standard advertised price offered by the competitor, i.e., this does not include additional promotional activities such as loyalty card points, cashback schemes, and voucher/discount
- For transactions completed in £ sterling.
- All Price Match Promise transactions are carried out at the discretion of Maze Rattan Ltd.
- Maze Rattan Ltd reserves the right to amend or withdraw the Price Match Promise at any time.
Cancellations, returns & refunds
If you are a UK/EU consumer, you have the legal right, under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 to cancel your order within 14 working days following the receipt of your order.
If you wish to cancel a product you have ordered from us, please be aware of the following scenarios and the terms that apply:
- I want to cancel the order prior to dispatch: by law, you are permitted to cancel your order prior to dispatch but please contact Maze Living as soon as possible so that we can minimise the overheads and inconvenience of any costs incurred. This should be by telephone and confirmed with an email.
- I want to cancel or change the order after the items have been dispatched; once your order has been dispatched please be aware any changes made or cancellation requests will incur a courier charge. Please note these charges are subject to your location. Or alternatively, the goods can be returned back to Maze Living at your own cost once delivery has been accepted.
- I want to return damaged products: If the products you receive are damaged on delivery, you should notify Maze Living as soon as possible so that we can organise collection, refund or substitution without charge to you. To help us resolve your issue quickly, please provide our customer service team with supporting photographs of your damaged or incorrectly supplied goods.
- We want you to be delighted with your purchase but if you are not you can return any item by notifying us of your intentions in writing within 14 days of receiving your purchase. This 14 day period begins the day after you receive the items from us. Once you have notified us you have a further 14 days to return them to us unused and in their original packaging. Please note there will be a collection fee subject to location to return unwanted goods. We are always very disappointed on the rare occasions our customers receive a faulty item. If you have identified a fault, let us know within 30 days of purchase and return the item to us for an exchange or a full refund. If not reported within this timeframe we reserve the right to refuse a full refund. As above in cases where Maze Living deems inappropriate misuse or in instances where the product/s has been tampered with by a third party, we are not obligated to issue a replacement/full refund.
PROMOTIONAL - TERMS AND CONDITIONS
SPRING SALE 2024
- Save up to 50% off selected products shown online at the time of purchase (the “Offer”) until midnight Sunday 31st March 2024.
- The Offer is available whilst stocks last and we reserve the right to withdraw the Offer at any time.
- The Offer discounted price will be shown at checkout for qualifying purchases.
- The Offer is not transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash.
- The Offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
- A copy of your proof of purchase should be retained for refund purposes.
- If you return any Offer products you will receive a full refund of the Offer amount paid.
- Our full Returns and Delivery Policy applies, please refer to these policies for full details.
- Maze Living reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions, or to discontinue the Offer at any time.
- Larger savings maybe shown on other products across the site, but these maybe be withdraw at any time.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions shall affect your statutory rights.
- The Offer shall be governed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.
- Here at Maze Living, we are committed to delivering a fantastic range of outdoor furniture, accessories, and services at great prices.
Find the same product cheaper online by another UK VAT registered retailer and we will match it or refund the difference if the goods have not been dispatched.
At Maze Living, we are committed to providing our customers with the highest level of customer service and satisfaction. However, if for any reason you are not satisfied with the service or product you have received from us, we would like to hear about it so that we can resolve the issue as soon as possible.
Here is our complaints procedure:
- Contact Us: The first step in resolving your complaint is to contact us by email ([email protected]). Please provide us with as much information as possible, including your order number, details of the issue, and any relevant supporting documentation, such as images. Please mark your correspondence ‘Complaint’.
- Acknowledge Your Complaint: We will acknowledge receipt of your complaint within 3 working days during our business operating hours.
- Investigation: We will investigate your complaint thoroughly and aim to resolve the issue as soon as possible. This may involve obtaining additional information from you or other parties.
- Response: We will provide you with a written response to your complaint within 10 working days, any steps we have taken to resolve it, and any compensation or remedy that we are offering. Please note that if more time is required to conclude a satisfactory resolution, we will notify you accordingly. In the case of damaged or incorrectly supplied goods, we may offer you a replacement or substitute product at cost to us. Any refunds given by us will be made to the payment method provided when you placed your order.
- Escalation: If you are not satisfied with the response you receive, you can escalate your complaint to a senior member of our team. We will review your complaint again and provide a final response within 5 working days.
We take all complaints seriously, and we will do everything in our power to resolve the issue to your satisfaction. If you have any questions or concerns about this complaint’s procedure, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Financial ombudsman service information
In the unlikely event, you are still dissatisfied, and your agreement is regulated by the FCA, you are entitled to refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service free of charge. This should be done straight away but must be within six months from the date of our final response. Further information regarding the Financial Ombudsman Service can be found on their website at www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk